Wednesday, January 11, 2012

bone dust and glitter (Poem)

today, i woke up in a bath of syringes and broken glass
with a harpy perched on my chest
the ghosts that constantly float around
my in-the-clouds head had abandoned me
to a state of perpetual mental ne'er-do-well
nearby, babies screamed for the touch of their mothers and food
but never to be had again
buildings burned as they did
since the time of the great white nothing
and the poison air was thinner
while needy blades were quietly left unsatisfied

i want to tell you how much i love you
but the urge to peel back your flesh
and embrace your smooth skeleton
was far too strong
as i lay next to you
i watch the lights dance behind my eyelids
they remind me of when meaning meant something
and hatred was clearly distinguishable from boredom

no sense intended to be made

i've been asleep inside a box full of comfortable lies
and packing peanuts for the past two weeks
it's time to wake up

No comments: