This year, I did a podcast with critic, podcaster, and fellow voracious reader Jeremy Maddux where he and I listed our favorite reads along with discussing numerous other things that happened this year.
You can listen to that podcast here.
Skip to 1:24:00 if you just want to listen to the book portion. Meanwhile, here are what my picks are. Keep in mind, these picks are based on the books I read in 2018, not necessarily books published in 2018.
Top Ten Reads of 2018
10. The Consumer by M. Gira
9. The Weird by S.C. Burke
8. High Life by Matthew Stokoe
7. A World of Horror, edited by Eric J. Guignard
6. The Rim of Morning by William Sloane
5. Roses Are Red, Violets Are Stealing Loose Change from My Pockets While I Sleep David S. Atkinson
4. Throat Sprockets by Tim Lucas
3. Revenge of the Lawn/The Abortion/So the Wind Won't Blow It All Away by Richard Brautigan
2. In the Desert of Mute Squares by M Kitchell
1. Mountainhead by New Juche
A Creeping Plague Will Take My Place by Philip LoPresti (Review here)
The Myth of Mental Illness by Thomas Szasz
Golden Rod by Bram Riddlebarger (Review here)